1.indicating state, condition, a
ction, process, or result: mot ion, notion, emotion
(Mo)tion is a two day opportunity to dive into the movement perspective - ideas and concepts put into practice in the form of tools, physical tasks, riddles, play and structured materials.
This seminar will introduce participants from all levels of exposure to different forms of practice and thinking on movement, physicality and the body with reflections into our lives and being.
Movement is now recognised as the most potent force in developing our brains, bodies and awareness.
No prior experience with any form of physical practice is required. The materials are constructed in a way that will challenge all levels.
Date: 16 and 17 September 2017
Coaching: Ido Portal Team - certified master teachers under Ido Portal. Ido's presence cannot be guaranteed.
Duration: 12 hours total, from 10:00 to 18:00. Please arrive no later than 09:15 on Day 1 to check in.
Venue: IronBox Crossfit Alfragide, Avenida Almeida Garret 6, Alfragide, Lisbon, Portugal
Price: 650 € (Includes Insurance)
Registration: Fill in the form below
Payment: Payment instructions will be sent by email following your registration. Please note that submitting the registration form without payment does not guarantee your place.
Equipment: Water bottle, watch/timer/stopper watch, notebook & pen and loose fitting clothes suitable for movement.
- Movement Perspectives - A lecture about the approach, tools and conduct inside a cloud.
- Non-Linear Strength - Exploring the use of unknown parameters in order to get stronger in unknown tasks.
- Conditional, Oriented Play - Using physical tasks to manufacture instant learning, techniques, solutions, and growth.
- Flooring - Soft body, soft floor. Participants will be taught techniques in order make the floor their ally and not another enemy.
- Coordination - The nature of the clumsy glitch and finding its resolution.
- Movement Terminology - Developing proper terminology; body softening vs stretching and more megapixels in your motion.
- Somatic Explorations - Learning to bring awareness into our practice and our lives through movement and stillness.
- We recommend packing your own food for lunch as there are no place to eat near the Box within walking distance.
- You will have a microwave at your disposal in the Box
- On request, we can arrange catering services for you. We will disclose more in information closer to the event as costs will depend on the number of requests we get
- If you need help on how to reach IronBox and where to stay, please make reference in the registration form and we will help you.