The Movement Experience is about presenting a revolutionary approach to movement development, unlike anything seen elsewhere.
Date: 10 and 11 September 2016
Coaching: Ido Portal Team - certified master teachers under Ido Portal. Ido's presence cannot be guaranteed.
Duration: 12 hours total, from 10:00 to 18:00. Please arrive no later than 09:15 on Day 1 to check in.
Venue: IronBox Crossfit Alfragide, Avenida Almeida Garret 6, Alfragide, Lisbon, Portugal
Price: 640 € (Includes Insurance)
Registration: The event is sold out. We are no longer accepting new registrations.
Deadline for Registration: Once 30 participants are reached
Payment: Payment instructions will be sent by email following your registration. In order to secure your place, we will request a down payment of 50%. Please note that submitting the registration form without payment does not guarantee your place. You can continue to make payments as long as your balance is paid in full four weeks prior to the course or you will forfeit your spot.
Equipment: Roll of athletic tape, water bottle, watch/timer/stopper watch, notebook & pen and loose fitting clothes suitable for movement.
During the event, participants will be exposed to concepts such as:
- Handbalancing - developing handstands from the ground up, covering tools for proper alignment, breathing patterns, support capacity, wrist conditioning and more. Also supporting intermediate and advanced practitioners on their journey towards dynamic sets and one arm handstands.
- Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength - the Ido Portal Method applied to bodyweight skills such as front levers, planches and Gymnastics rings strength development as well as the very basics - chin ups, push ups and dips - learn the most well thought out approach in the market, tailored to your level. Get your first chin up/muscle up/one arm chin - with some of the knowledge shared, your journey will be quicker than ever.
- Locomotion - Ido Portal's movement language that includes floor flow work with low acrobatics elements, animal locomotion, low gait, inversions, gliding patterns and much more. Locomotion includes 1200 (twelve hundred) elements, it is the most sophisticated flow system taught on the market.
- The Corset - building a flexible body armor around the body. A unique and extreme approach to bullet proofing the body while making huge gains in mobility, strength and movement accessibility.
- Movement Refinement/terminology - creating refined motor control for later implementation into your movement development - if you are interested in achieving an advanced movement practice like one arm handstands, low level quadrupedaling, flips, twists or one arm chin ups - you will need to control small and articulated refined motor actions using certain segments of the body in Isolation. The height of your movement refinement will dictate the height of your movement complexity.
- Kinetic Koans - confronting movement riddles and learning to approach them while reaping benefits such as movement intelligence and adaptability.
- We recommend packing your own food for lunch as there are no place to eat near the Box within walking distance.
- You will have a microwave at your disposal in the Box
- On request, we can arrange catering services for you. We will disclose more in information closer to the event as costs will depend on the number of requests we get
- If you need help on how to reach IronBox and where to stay, please make reference in the registration form and we will help you.